I’m Sam, and I’m a Chelsea fan.
It all started innocently enough, with a home blue strip. Then there was a scarf. Next thing you know I was dealing with a full-blown addiction. Probably I’m not the only guy with more Blues gear than I can really make a rational case for, and the other day I found myself counting. How much Chelsea merchandise do I have, anyway?
Here’s the inventory, not counting keychains (1), snow globes (1), flags and banners and the like.
- Three home strips (two short-sleeve, one long)
- Two away/third strips (the black pixels from a couple years back and last year’s white one with the light blue sash)
- A 1991 away strip (this was the red/white diamond Commodore design)
- A black/orange Champions League training ground long sleeve
- Two hoodies
- A pair of training ground long pants
- A pair of sweatshorts
- Two t-shirts (one white, one light blue with a Pensioners logo)
- A baseball cap
- A ski hat (reversible!)
- Two scarves (one Chelsea, one Rocky Mountain Blues)
- A Rocky Mountain Blues golf shirt
I think that’s 18 articles of assorted apparel, and I’m trying not to think about how much I spent on it all.
How about you?